Berlin Stories Website Terms & Conditions
You may copy, download one copy on a single computer, and print a limited amount of content, for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided that (a) you include without modification all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the content, (b) you do not modify the content, (c) you do not use the content in a manner that suggests Berlin Stories promotes or endorses your, or any third party’s, causes, ideas, web sites, products or services, and (d) you do not use the content in any way that is unlawful or harmful to any other person or entity.
Through the “My Berlin” and “Your Stories” portions of the Site, and through other features of the Site, users may post, upload, transmit and/or otherwise submit (“Submit”) comments, messages, other text, photos, images, story ideas, essays, and other content and materials, and make recommendations, on or through the Site (“User Materials”). You acknowledge that User Materials may be routed through our servers, the servers of one or more third parties on our behalf, and the Internet, and may be viewed by Berlin Stories staff and on the Internet by the general public. You acknowledge that the features of the Site are for public and not private communications.
We reserve the right to screen, refuse to post, remove or edit User Materials at any time and for any or no reason in our absolute and sole discretion without prior notice, although we have no duty to do so. If we elect to screen User Materials, there may be a delay in the posting of such content to allow for a review process. If we have questions about your User Materials, we have the right, but not the duty, to contact you for further information, including, for example, to verify that you own the copyright or otherwise have the rights to post the User Materials.
You retain the copyright and other ownership rights in any User Materials that you submit on or through BerlinStories.org. However, by submitting User Materials on or through BerlinStories.org, you hereby grant Berlin Stories and its respective licensees a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, universe-wide, transferable license to use, copy, sublicense, modify, transmit, publicly perform, display, create derivative works of, host, index, cache, tag, encode, and/or adapt your User Materials in any and all media formats or channels, whether now known or hereafter devised, including, but not limited to, BerlinStories.org, third party licensee web sites, over the air (on radio or television), and on mobile platforms, without payment and without further consent or notice to you. You further grant Berlin Stories the right to contact you in connection with your User Materials and to use your name, location and other information that you have provided in connection with the User Materials.
Links to Third Party Sites
BerlinStories.org may provide links to Internet sites maintained by third parties, over which Berlin Stories has no control. Berlin Stories does not endorse the content, operators, products or services of such sites, and is not responsible or liable for the content, operators, availability, accuracy, quality, advertising, products, services or other materials on or available from such sites. Berlin Stories shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, products or services available on or through such sites.
Rules for Use of the Site
By using the Site, including by registering for the Site, Submitting User Materials, or by using any other features of the Site, you agree to the following rules:
1. You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age to submit any User Materials or personally-identifying information on or through BerlinStories.org. If you are between the ages of 13 and 18, you may browse BerlinStories.org or register for email newsletters or other features of the Site with the consent of your parent(s) or guardian(s), so long as you do not submit any User Materials. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not send any information about yourself, including your name, address or email address. If we discover that we have collected any personally-identifying information from a child under the age of 13, we will remove that information from our database as soon as possible.
2. You may not submit any User Materials anonymously or under a false name or a false e-mail address. You may not impersonate another user or provide any false information about yourself.
3. You may not submit any User Materials or links to material that is libelous, defamatory, false, obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, violent, abusive, threatening, harassing, discriminatory, in violation of the law, harmful to children, in violation of third party privacy rights, or that constitutes hate speech or a personal attack.
5. The Service can only be used for personal, non-commercial purposes. You cannot submit any material containing any solicitation of funds, advertising, promotion, solicitation for goods and services, or recruiting.
6. You may not submit any software or other material which contains a virus, worm, Trojan horse or other harmful computer code, files, scripts, agents, programs or device. You may not use the Site to distribute chain letters, mass mailings, spam, or duplicative or unsolicited messages in violation of applicable laws.
7. You may not interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of BerlinStories.org, or any portion or contents thereof, or use BerlinStories.org in any way which degrades its reliability, speed or operation, or its underlying hardware or software. In addition you may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to BerlinStories.org or related systems or networks.
THE SITE AND ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, USER MATERIALS, FEATURES OR PRODUCTS AVAILABLE OR SOLD ON OR THROUGH THE SITE ARE AVAILABLE ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. BERLIN STORIES DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. NOR DOES BERLIN STORIES MAKE ANY WARRANTIES AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SITE OR ENDORSE, RECOMMEND, OR MAKE ANY WARRANTIES AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF, ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION, MATERIALS, USER MATERIALS, FEATURES, PRODUCTS, OPINIONS, OR STATEMENTS AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE OR THROUGH LINKS ON THE SITE. USE OF THIS SITE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
SITE CONTENT IS NOT INTENDED TO SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL ADVICE OF ANY KIND.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL BERLIN STORIES, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, MEMBERS OR OR THIRD PARTY PROGRAM PRODUCERS BE LIABLE (A) FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, (B) RELATING TO ANY CONTENT OR PRODUCTS AVAILABLE OR SOLD ON OR THROUGH THE SITE, OR (C) IN CONNECTION WITH ANY THIRD PARTY CONTENT OR MATERIALS (INCLUDING USER MATERIALS) OR THE DEFAMATORY, INFRINGING, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT WILL BERLIN STORIES, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, MEMBERS OR THIRD PARTY PROGRAM PRODUCERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY AMOUNT IN EXCESS OF $100.
Right to Change Websites
Berlin Stories has the right to change its website, terminate or cease providing the website, or delete content, materials or features in any way, at any time or for any reason or no reason.
The Service is controlled and operated within Germany. Berlin Stories makes no representation that content, materials or products available on or through the Site are appropriate or available for use outside of Germany. If you access the Service from a location outside of Germany, you are responsible for compliance with applicable laws, including local laws regarding online conduct and content.